You need following softwars to be available on your local machine before proceeding further:
- Java runtime, version 6 or newer
- Git, with git-svn included, version 188.8.131.52 or newer
- Subversion, version 1.6.17 or newer.
Here I would like to list out some challenges that we faced during SVN to GIT migration.
- SVN branch did not follow the branch/trunk/tag standard structure
- Restructuring/Refactoring projects in GIT. Please refer this link to get detail.
- Empty sub-folder migration from SVN to GIT